Saturday, February 20, 2010

Puerto Vallarta: Thursday, day 7

Our last full day of vacation.

Yet another picture by Owen

We had dinner at my very favorite P.V. restaurant, Los Arbolitos, which means the little trees. It is a three story restaurant in old town, and the third floor is the dining room, open on a couple sides to catch the breeze and watch the tree tops. When we ate there five years ago, as we were leaving, I saw one of the waiters bring out a dish that I've literally been thinking about all these years: a split avocado, on a bed of shredded lettuce, overflowing with fresh shrimp. I knew I had to order it this time - so worth the wait!

The kids dinner plate had a gorgeously carved rose tomato.

Noni and the minstrel after he played Cielito Lindo, one of her favorite Mexican songs.

Daddy and his boy

There was a group of older ladies there who had had quite a bit to drink. After they finished their dinner, they made their way to the stairs to exit the restaurant. They were holding on the the rails for dear life, giggling the whole way down. Our table backed up to the open wrought iron stairwell, so I leaned over and jokingly said, "Via con Dios, senoras." That means "Go with God, ladies." We were all laughing and one of them responded, "Thanks, we'll need it." Well, maybe I shouldn't have been laughing so hard. I only had one strawberry margarita, but just as we finished dinner it hit me like a ton of bricks. It was all I could do to stay awake on the ride home in the taxi, where I sat in front with the taxi driver and everyone else was in the backseat. I could hear Adam and my mom laughing about how I was teasing those ladies and now I was the one who had had too much!

No comments:

As of 1 October 2007