Sunday, February 15, 2009

Unseasonably warm

I don't know when roses are supposed to bloom, but I've been hearing with all the warm weather we had here earlier this month and last that it's completely confused all the plants and flowers.  Last week I noticed a lone white rose blooming in the center of my living room picture window looking out onto the backyard.  I've been meaning to take a picture of it and finally got around to it this afternoon.  

I can't help but think it is a greeting of some sort from my Noni, since this is her house we moved into.  White roses are the symbol of a new beginning and are often used as an expression of remembrance.  Here's more on the meaning of white roses.

2 comments:

kh said...

that is pretty awesome that it is just the single white rose that grew so much taller than the rest. very pretty!

Ali said...

And it's the only bloom there, not just the tallest one!

As of 1 October 2007