Friday, March 05, 2010

Stay inside the vehicle at all times

Our van has built in sunscreens in the back windows where the kids sit. We usually keep them up year round, but for some reason we put them down recently. As we were driving to school this morning the sun was shining in Owen's face and he complained it was too bright. It's too hard to reach back from the driver's seat to pull the screen up. We had just missed a green light and were stopped. I knew all the other lanes had to go before it was our turn again, so I put the van in park, rolled his window down and hopped out of the car, leaving my door open. I reached in, pulled the screen up, and hooked it on the top hooks. As I got back in the car Lauren said to me, "Umm, isn't that inappropriate?!" She was shocked that I would get out of the car at a stoplight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of a time I was taking Aidan to Graeagle and we had the dog with us. The dog was all over Aidan so I pulled over to look for a way to tether the dog inside the truck so he could not climb on Aidan. As I started to wrap the leash around the door handle Aidan says: "You know that opens the door!" I think I would have figured that out before actually tying it..... Elaine

As of 1 October 2007