Saturday, November 03, 2007

Prayer request

Okay, I know, I missed yesterday already - only the second day in! But forget that for now, I have a favor to ask of you.

A girlfriend of mine took her 7 month old little boy, Tommy, in to the doctor a few days ago and was told he was dehydrated. In the process of running tests they discovered he had a brain tumor and he went in yesterday for surgery. He came through the surgery fine but the cancer has spread to his brain and is traveling down his spine. They are going to start chemo in a few weeks when he has his strength back up from the surgery.

She was just telling me a couple weeks ago that her husband had a brain tumor as a young boy and that he also went through chemo. Their two children are a miracle because the doctor told her husband's mother that because of the chemo he would be sterile. This is the second set of father/son brain tumor incidences that my family has know.

Earlier this year another friend of mine lost his three year old daughter Mila to an inoperable brain tumor. These childhood cancers are so scary. Please please please keep little Tommy and his family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Gen McNulty said...

HOW SAD!!!!! That poor family! We will keep them in our prayers... let me know if I can help in any way.. dinner for the family.. anything!

XOXO
Gen :)

Anonymous said...

Ali it just breaks my heart to hear of such sad happenings to families, and especially to small children. Our prayers are with the family, and with Tommy. Please let Dave and I know if there is anything we can do for the family as well.

Anna

As of 1 October 2007