Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday

Here's a few shots from our morning. Daddy was headed to work and we forgot to take pictures before church, so these are from afterwards.

The kids wanted to pose by the roses

Lauren and Mama, taken by Owen
(I didn't even plan for us to wear the same colors!)

Owen and Mama, taken by Lauren

While we were at church, the Easter Bunny stopped by and left us a message:

A messy toy room is the best place for an egg
hunt on a COLD windy day, wouldn't you agree?

After we changed into some play clothes, I let the kids eat their chocolate Easter crosses for lunch. Don't ask me why. Now we're all snuggled by the fire watching Tom and Jerry and playing with new toys from their Easter baskets. Bring on the rain!


Adam says I have to come clean with this story:
The kids got so much stuff in their (multiple) Christmas stockings that I snatched some of the unopened things to save for another time. I used some of them this morning in their Easter baskets. In particular were some little toy figures from the Bible, Noah for Owen and Mary for Lauren. I decided Easter was as good a time as any to bring them back out. When Owen saw Noah, he handed the box to me and said, "Can you open this now since you didn't open it for me the last time you gave it to me?"

3 comments:

kh said...

Busted! Ha ha..so funny! Those are great pics of you and the kids.

Unknown said...

hahaha! You can't pull the wool over his eyes! I love that you did an Easter egg hunt in the playroom. SO fun! You look great by the way! Love you!

Orange Peanut said...

Ummm...liking the new do Ali! How long ago did you get it cut?

Looks like you all had a lovely Easter! Hooray!

As of 1 October 2007