Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Not so little anymore

Owen and I just dropped Lauren off for her very first day of preschool. She's got four of her little girl friends in the class with her, so she wasn't worried at all. Well, once we got there, at least! She didn't so much want to get out of bed this morning: "Just tuckie me back in, Mama!"

I got a little teary eyed getting her dressed this morning. Not so much that I was worried about leaving her or how she'd do, more just thinking about how grown up she is and how fast it is happening.

When we got to school we went in and found her cubby to hang her bag, and made a name tag for her to wear. She headed to the playhouse and starting cooking straight away. When I went to say goodbye she gave me a tight squeeze and said, "Take Owen with you. This is for big kids only." I know, Sweetie, I know. I miss you already!

3 comments:

Monica said...

Oh great. Now you're making ME all teary eyed. Lauren sure knows what's what. She's going to be one smart cookie!

Anonymous said...

I remember seeing her in the hospital when she was born. so tiny and now...Oh sorry does that add to the teariness?

Hafsa

Anonymous said...

I'm lovin the belly shirt! Give her kisses for me =)

As of 1 October 2007