Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Look who's talking

While playing in the backyard this afternoon Owen was trying to drink the water in the water wheel play table. Water that has been in there for a week or so. Water with bugs and leaves floating in it - and God knows what else. I took away the watering cans he was using and he grabbed a sailboat to drink out of. I took the sailboat and he grabbed a toy shovel to drink with. I took the sailboat and he picked up a frisbee to use. I sit down on the back steps, defeated, and this is what I hear:

"Be nice to Owen, Mama, be nice to my brother. He's a good boy. Don't say 'ugh'. You've got to be nice to him, Mama!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes you just have to laugh! 3 year olds say some crazy things...often times,things they shouldn't know at this age....

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I have video of Robin drinking water out of the gutter - she was appalled when she saw it a few years ago. Oh well - I doubt it will kill them.

As of 1 October 2007