Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Shining as Lights in the World

Below was part of today's reading at Mass. I thought it was so very appropriate for the day after our election!

P.hilippians 2:12-16

My beloved, obedient as you have always been, not only when I am present but all the more now when I am absent, work out your salvation with fear and trembling.
For God is the one who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work.
Do everything without grumbling or questioning, that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, among whom you shine like lights in the world, as you hold on to the word of life, so that my boast for the day of Christ may be that I did not run in vain or labor in vain.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Beautiful! I want to print that out and frame it!!!

As of 1 October 2007