Wednesday, April 01, 2009

To think is to be

Owen's been potty trained for a while now, although I still put him in pull-ups when we leave the house - for my own sanity while running errands!  Today he decided he was too busy playing the Wii to take a break to use the bathroom - he was wearing a pull-up, thank goodness, not big boy undies.   I told him I wanted him to think about his decision not to use the toilet and sent him to his room.  I overheard him talking to himself: "I AM a big boy, not a baby.  Big boys play the Wii and I am a big boy.  I need to remember that."  And then he marched out to the living and told me, "Mama, I thinked about being a big boy and I am."

3 comments:

Summer said...

That is REALLY cute!

Monica said...

That's freakin adorable. Don't you just love it when kids talk to themselves? That's the best little motivational speech ever!

kh said...

that is the cutest and funniest thing I have ever heard!

As of 1 October 2007