Thursday, July 10, 2008

We need fresh air!

We didn't leave the house at all yesterday due to the horrible air quality.  At one point, after the kids had been begging me to take them to the park, I opened the curtains and showed them the brown sky.  I told them the mountains were on fire so the air was too yucky to breathe and that satisfied them.  

We had to run some errands early this morning and the first thing Lauren said as I opened the garage door was, "Hmmm, it's not so disgusting out here anymore."

1 comment:

kh said...

I told my kids the same thing about the fires in the mountains. I also told them that people toss their cigarettes out the window and that can start fires. Of course Noah was the only one who "got" that so at target he saw someone smoking outside and pointed and said "mommy, is that what you are talking about with cigarettes and starting fires?"
Uhh..ya. Come on Noah get inside.

As of 1 October 2007