Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Pop goes the weasel, er, I mean cookie


We are going to a cookie exchange tomorrow night at a friend's house. Everyone brings two dozen cookies and you take turns choosing off other people's trays. You leave with two dozen cookies, but they could all be different - how yummy does that sound?! So today Lauren and I made oatmeal cranberry coconut cookies. The recipe said it would make four dozen. I don't know how small those people made their cookies, because I just barely got three dozen out of the batch. I scraped the mixing bowl at the end because I wasn't sure how many cookies I had. When I pulled the last batch out of the oven, the final cookie I had put on there was as flat as a pancake. Must've been all the butter at the very bottom of the mixing bowl in that single cookie. As I was pulling the cookie sheet out of the oven I said, "Oh no, what happened to that cookie?" Lauren took one look at it, threw her hands in the air, and exclaimed, "Mama, it popped!"

1 comment:

Monica said...

Those sound great! Last week I made oatmeal cookies with dried cranberries and white chocolate chunks. They were WONDERFUL, and I was able to pretend I was eating them to build up my milk supply. lol.

As of 1 October 2007